Sunday, May 09, 2010

GnosCast: the Gnostic Podcast # 9: Gnosis in Context

Since I have been too ill to write or plan and give a long lecture of late, I plan to use some of the time at services where I am unable to do more to have short presentations and discussions on some of the essentials.

Although it varies within a range, long-term my health isn't getting any better. While I plan and would very much like to write about the understanding I have arrived at after decades of study and practice, it may not happen. So, I hope these short talks will be of service in passing on some of what I have found that may be valuable.

Please, forgive some of the lack of composition and coherence. They are necessarily given at less than 100% ability, the fatigue effects my ability to think, speak, and recall. This podcast has been edited to reduce those effects.

Description:
The first of a planned series on essentials of Gnosticism, this one considering the nature of gnosis and implications from the ancient context. Topics include: meanings and implications of the term 'gnosis' in the context of the Greek language and philosophy and in ancient Gnostic texts, concluding with a free ranging discussion. Presentation and discussion at the Holy Gnosis of Thomas Chapel in Salt Lake City, 2 May 2010, by Gnostic priest and scholar Troy Pierce.


Here is the direct link

1 comment:

Timothy Morton said...

Thank you for this Reverend Pierce. I hope you feel better.